Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Introducing Xander Peter Somerton








After a very long night Xander Peter Somerton was born at 6:59 a.m. yesterday morning, weighing in 8 lbs, 1 oz and 21 inches long.

The midwives were absolutely fantastic. I'm not sure I could of done it without them. I certainly wouldn't have managed with just laughing gas. We arrived home at about supper time yesterday evening. Everyone is doing fine, just catching up on some much needed sleep. Today Mom feels like she ran two marathons in a row, and that someone then kicked her in the arse all the was to Darcy McGee's pub.

Here are a few pictures of our new bundle of joy.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your(our)new baby. Xander Peter Somerton sounds like a strong name and by the looks of him, the name suits him. He is a beautiful baby boy. I can't wait to see/hold/spoil him. Give him a big kiss from his Nanna in Newfoundland.

Nanna Green

3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Connie and John on your new baby.

Cousin Jamie and Family
Fort McMurray, Ab

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so happy and excited for all of you!!! I told you he would be a heavy boy, but I guess not the 8 lbs 8 oz I had assumed! Again congrats and all the best!!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new baby boy. Little boys are the greatest. I am sure you guys will love every minute of being parents and sharing your life with him. Xander looks very handsome with his little hat on. He has style already.

Love Alison

8:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both I am so happy for the to of you. Give Xander a kiss from mom (aka: Auntie)and I. He is definetly a shining star. All our love to the three of you. Hugs and Kisses from Cape Breton.

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Auntie Roni says:

Xander looks as handsome as his father although Dad looks a little more tired.I feel like an honorary nanny .Hope Connie doesn't mind.Keep healthy and happy and best of luck.Enjoy because before you know it ,he'll be in school.

9:32 PM  
Blogger bunmaster said...

Yay! Congratulations to you both on your new sweetheart. He's a cutie & Xander is a super cool name. Can't wait to meet him.

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Connie, congrats! I'm so very happy for you and your family. You will be a great parent, and I know you'll enjoy the journey that is parenthood!

Take super care of yourself, and maybe I'll see you at the next marathon ;)

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home