Thursday, March 30, 2006

34 Weeks 5 Days

I can’t believe I’m only a little more than 5 weeks away from my due date. According to “the book” the baby is a little over 5 pounds at this point. It definitely seems as if it is getting a little crowded for him.

It’s been a busy past week, with Nanny and Poppy Lush visiting, a baby shower and a trip to Montreal. I’m feeling pretty good, apart from a minor hand and feet swelling problem. Saturday in Montreal I had to break down and buy a pair of size 10 sneakers (I normally wear size 8). It’s a good thing sandal weather is almost here in Ottawa, because right now I’m wearing sneakers with my dress pants. Comfort is definitely winning out over fashion.

Joanne, Tracy and Lori hosted an awesome shower for me on Friday. Thank you guys so much. And thank you to everyone for your generous presents. They are all very much appreciated. We received everything we need, plus a lot of nice to haves. This little baby is definitely not going to be in want of anything. It’s hard to believe one little person could need so many things. I also can’t believe we’re soon going to have a new baby.

I had my appointment yesterday with the midwife and all is well. I am still measuring exactly right for the week (just over 34 cms) and the baby’s heart rate was really strong. He seems to have slightly changed his position and is now digging his knees and feet into my right rib cage. The midwife showed Mom and I where his bum is and where his feet are. If you push on his bum, sometimes he'll kick out his feet. Who needs television for entertainment ... His head is in the right general direction, but he hasn't droppped yet.

I’m looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend. Now that I have my freezer full of food, I just have baby clothes to wash and fold.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

whAT'HAPPENING .DOING ATEST

2:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed my visit with you guys ít's a bit lonely comming home.It was good to see you looking so well and taking such good care of yourself. It makes my heart feel very happy knowing you both will make wonderful parents.Love Nanny Vern.

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Respond to let me know if you recieved this message.I'll get it right by the time Xander arrives.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home