Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Name the Baby Bump

It appears that John and I will have to find something to do in the evenings besides playing "name the baby bump". I had my bi-weekly appt with the mid-wife yesterday and she was able to palpatate and determine the baby's position. Turns out his bum is what's sitting on my right rib cage and his head seems to be in the right general direction.

My appt. yesterday confirmed that I made the right choice for me with the midwife. It's so nice to not feel like you're being rushed and to have time to ask all your questions. And the midwife doesn't routinely weigh you. Since even if you gained 10 lbs, it doesn't necessarily mean the baby gained any. Basically, they just listen to the placenta (yes it does have a sound - kind of like ocean waves I find, very weird) to make sure it's healthy and they guesstimate the baby's size by palpatating. My blood pressure was great, which I think is a direct result of not having been weighed directly before having my blood pressure taken.

My belly was measuring right on again ... 32 weeks - 32 cm. And the baby's heart rate was strong and in the 140's.

My next appt is March 29th. I'm working yet again this Saturday, but then I'm taking a few days holidays when the family comes from Newfoundland next week. I'm quite looking forward to having a few days off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home