Friday, May 05, 2006

Friday a.m.

We received an unexpected call from the midwife last night. She wondered if I'd like her to come by this a.m. to do the membrane sweep. I guess it wasn't a busy weekend for her and the other midwives and next weekend she's away on a conference, so she's hoping the baby comes before then. Me too. She does have back-ups. But I kind of hope she's available when the time comes.

She came by this morning and did an exam and the "sweep". When she did the external exam this morning all she could feel was the baby's neck. When she did the internal, she could actually feel the baby's head - so he's getting pretty low.

The sweep wasn't that bad - not what you would call fun - but not terrible.

Now it's just a waiting game. Basically, the membrane sweep won't really induce labour, but it will hopefully speed things along (e.g., if you would go Wed, this could speed things up to Monday).

If nothing happens before Monday, she'll do another sweep at my appt.

It's a beautiful day in Ottawa so Verna and I are off for a walk. We'll keep you posted of any developments.

3 Comments:

Blogger bunmaster said...

Glad to hear the sweep wasn't too bad. I felt some cramping after each of mine that I thought was the start of labour. Well we all know how that went. Hopefully your walk will get things going & you'l have John Junior in your arms this weekend. Yay Connie!!

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Connie,
Hopefully the "sweep" works and Junior comes sooner rather than later. I'll be thinkin' about ya...keep us posted.

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting and scary at the same time! I am still here incubating and will be I am sure for another 2 weeks at least. Good luck and I can't wait to see the little guy!

3:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home