Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Midwives it is ...

John and I had our initial meeting with the midwives in Carleton Place yesterday. After thinking and discussing it, we have decided to go the midwife route. My midwife will be Kristin Stevens. But there are also three other midwives that I will get to meet, in case I go in labour when Kristin is away. I really like all of the support you get with the midwife. And since I will be delivering in the hospital, there is an OBS on call should the need arise. I also like the fact that you get more personal attention when you go for your appointments.

Yesterday was just an information meeting, so I start on my bi-weekly schedule next week with the midwife on Tuesday.

4 Comments:

Blogger bunmaster said...

So you talked John into it? Calvin was leery at first too but he ended up loving our awesome midwives. Good luck with the next appointment.

8:55 PM  
Blogger Connie said...

Oh, the persuasive powers of the preggo. Those engineers, so analytical and techincal. After meeting with the midwife and asking 40 "what-if" scenarios John felt much more comfortable with the midwife route. Then, he said he was indifferent as to whether we went OBS or midwife. So, I had the deciding vote. I really liked our midwife and am quite happy and when the preggo is happy - everyone is happy.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Birthyourway said...

Hi there,
I just came acros your blog and thought you might be interested in viewing mine. I am a prospective midwifery student and am currently working as a doula in ottawa. My blog is bran new so the info is very prelimenary. I am interested in hearing real womens stories and ideas about birth if you'd like to share. In any case feel free to visit my blog...
http://birthyourway.blogspot.com

Enjoy your pregnancy!

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Connie!!!
I just came across your blog by accident as I just started care with the Ottawa valley midwives with Kristen as my primary. Your blog popped up on my search for info on her and the practice.....what a small world!!!!
I am Kelly Hock on facebook, we've met a couple of times at Stittsville moms events....specifically the other day at Saunder's Farm. I have a blog......haven't updated in awhile, but it's mamaloup.blogspot.com
Would love to hear how you liked your midwife experience!!! I had midwives with my first two, but in B.C. The system here seems similar, and Kristen seems great as well!!!!

Talk to you soon I hope,

Kelly

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home