Monday, December 19, 2005

5 Months



First of all, I just like to say a big Congratulations to Bob and Deanna and big sister Annika on the arrival of baby Nicholas. This picture was so cute I just had to post it here for everyone to see. Those are just the cutest chubby cheeks ever.

I can't believe it's less than a week to Christmas. Fortunately all that second trimester energy everyone has been telling me about seems to have kicked in. We got our Christmas tree up yesterday. Received our new beer/extra space fridge on Saturday and I'm ready to start filling it up with dips and other such goodies. John has banned me from the top shelf, but says I can use anything else.

I hit the 20 week mark on Friday, which makes me 5 months along. So, I'm halfway there. For anyone to whom that may seem confusing this whole gig actually lasts 40 weeks not 36 weeks. I really don't know why they say it's 9 months.

Physically, I feel really good, but I am starting to panic about little things like not being able to decide on a name, not having any baby stuff, or having a nursery. I'm hoping that over Christmas we'll at least decide on colours for the nursery and maybe hit some Boxing day sales. If what everyone says is true, I figure I only have another couple of good months before I want to sleep all the time.

The baby has been pretty active. I'm feeling him a lot these days. Especially in the evening. He hasn't been kicking hard enough yet for John to feel, but I'm sure very soon that will happen.

Still no names picked. Although not for lack of trying. Every name we come up with reminds us of someone we would not want to name our kid the same name as. John shot down my latest suggestion as it reminded him of a song about a "poor little wodden Indian boy". Don't ask ...

I have my monthly appointment with Dr. Wong on Thursday afternoon. Basically just peeing in a cup, standing on the scale and listening to the baby's heartbeat.

Don't forget you're all invited to our place on Christmas Eve to share in some Christmas cheer. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

I'll post some more belly shots soon ...

4 Comments:

Blogger Jolynn said...

I stumbled across your blog and I just had a baby a month ago. I remember 5 months. It seemed so far from the due date!! You'll get a name figured out. Don't worry. I thought I had a name right from the beginning and it changed about 50 times before she was born. Good luck!

2:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Congrats to both of you I am soooooooo excited. I have already been looking at little outfits for the new bundle of joy and I cannot wait until the new year to start shopping. Trust me this kid will have no lack of clothes. I am sure what ever name you pick will be perfect for him. Miss you guys. Good Luck!

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, havn't been talking to you since I heard the good news from mom. Congratulations! Can't believe it's been 5 months already. Brent just had a little baby girl in November, anyways, I'll talk to you over the christmas break. Congratulations again, best of luck with the name.

5:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOM AND DAD ARE SO EXCITED FOR BOTH OF YOU.WE KNOW YOU WILL BE GREAT PARENTS.MY HOW THINGS HAVE CHANGED,WHEN I WAS A KID NAN AND POP LUSH WOULD USE SIGN LANGUAGE OR WHISPER IF SOMEONE Was PREGNANT,NOW ITS PROPER TO ADVERTISE.ALL THE BEST.LETS HOPE HE
HIS AND BABY BOY LIKE HIS POP.

7:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home