Monday, December 12, 2005

It's a Boy!!

So, it looks like it's finally time to start thinking of boy names. We went for our ultrasound on last Thursday and turns out it's a boy. Well, I'm sure it's not 100% - but it's sure enough that we won't be painting the room pink. The ultrasound technician was pretty confident she was able to see a little pecker.

The ultrasound was a pretty amazing experience. When John finally got there anyway. My appointment was for 1:40 and John showed up at 1:40. Of course I got called to go in at 1:35. The first and only time in history anyone has ever gotten in early for an appointment. So, after trying to get my blood pressure to return to normal, I asked if I could wait for my "other half". Note to everyone: Don't keep a pregnant lady with an extremely full bladder waiting for anything. 5 minutes seems like a lifetime.

It was pretty amazing to see the little heart beating and the little hands and feet. The ultrasound technician pointed out all the organs, which looked like black dots to us, but I guess that's what she gets paid the big bucks for. In any case, John Jr. (don't panic - we're really not calling him that) was having a little afternoon siesta, and was lying in a breech position (bum down) and the ultrasound technician was not able to get some of the shots she needed to get of the top of the heart. Although, thankfully, I did get to empty my bladder to see if he would move to another position. Apart from one swift kick to Mommy - as if to say, please don't drink that much water again and he was back in the fetal position. Although, she was able to count the 4 heart chambers from another angle. She said not to panic if the dr.'s office called to request I go for another ultrasound, as the doctor may want to try to view the top of the heart. The baby's heart rate was normal - 140 this time.

I am definitely starting to feel lots of movement now. We went to John's Christmas dinner on Friday night, and he was practically dancing the conga by the time I finished my dessert. It's a very neat feeling, but it still takes me by surprise every time.

That's about all the news for now. We're busy getting ready for Christmas. Maybe we'll start thinking of doing the nursery over the holidays. My next appointment is with my family doctor on the 22nd of December, so I'll keep you posted then.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, a boy! The girls were starting to outnumber the boys, so way to go!

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My, how you've grown! Great pictures - one for your scrap book!

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home