Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Back in Time

I had my first appointment with the Obstetrician yesterday (Dr. Anderson). John and I both really liked her and the nurse. Everything went well, but the due date got changed again. I told her the ultrasound technician said I was a week further along than the family doctor said. Then somehow Dr. Anderson arrived at the date of May 6th. I am slightly inclined to think she just hauled it out of her ass. In any case, it's just an estimate - so no biggie. So the new estimate is that I am 17 weeks and 4 days along.

The baby's heart rate was 152 yesterday. The exact same rate as my appointment last month. There are some theories that a higher heart rate may indicate the baby is a girl. Here's a link that provides a little info: http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/pregnancy/exns15.htm.

As for myself, I have gained about 20 pounds, but am feeling great (apart from needing about 12 hours of sleep a night).

So, Dr. Anderson agreed that I would do shared care with my family doctor (Dr. Wong) til 30 weeks. I go to see Dr. Wong on December 22 and then again on January 27th. Then, I return to the care of the OBS on Feb 28. From that point on, I'll see her once every two weeks. It's amazing how many things there are to learn about this pregnancy bit. It's funny cause the nurse yesterday said not to stress too much. When she was pregnant and had her kids, there were only two milestones - you got pregnant, and then you had the kid.

We also go for a ultrasound next Thursday, December 8th. Which John and I are quite looking forward to. We'll find out the gender of the baby if we can. I'll update again after this appointment next week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Connie and John,it's Jan.12 my butterflies have not let up since vvthe wonderful news that I'm going to be a GRANDMOTHER.May can't come fast enough.I'd like to be called Nanny Vern.Boy that sounds pretty darn good.Now ,all we need is a name for that baby boy.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home