Monday, May 07, 2007

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to ...

You would cry too, if it happened to you ...

Get cake in your eyes, that is.

We can't believe our little boy is 1 year old. Holy cow!!!! It's unbelievable how time flies. Our itsy bitsy baby has turned into a busy, busy little boy. Happy Birthday Xander. It's amazing what a little boy he has turned into. He understands so much these days. He understands simple commands, such as asking him to pass you something. He also understands the word "story" and goes to his basket to get a book when you ask if he wants a story. He will turn the page in the book, when you ask, and sometimes before as he doesn't have much patience. Then again, his Mom has been known to ready the last chapter of a book first.

He also gets very excited for his baths. Absolutely loves being outdoors, and anything with wheels on it.

Don't let the above photo fool you, he was actually having fun before it was taken. We're having a big birthday bash this coming weekend, but we had a small family dinner on Saturday (since my Mom is back to work now :-(). We gave him his birthday gift and every time he comes downstairs he gets excited all over again with his new train table and set. Thanks to everyone for the very nice presents. I especially like my Rusty and the Consruction Crew train from my Uncle Scott and Aunt Krista.

I'll update with more photos after the soiree on the weekend.





Taaaa daaaa...


Yep, it's a train ...


Boy, that's a nice looking train you have there Xander


And for my next trick, I will swallow an entire train

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, little man.
That's a nice looking train set you have there. Pretty soon there won't be any room in the living room for furniture. It'll just be your big playroom. And that's o.k., isn't it?

I can't believe a year went by so quickly and you're getting to be a big boy. I hope you have a good birthday, which I'm sure you will have. I wish I was there for the big party on Saturday!

Oh well, maybe one of these days...

I usually sign off with Nannie Green but I think I'll get you to call me Gramma from now on and Tracy will be Grampa.

So once again, Happy Birthday and I will be thinking about you on your big day.

Love

Gramma and Grampa
xoxo

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Xander.

In the last year you have grown into a perfect little boy. I hope someday you come to Cape Breton to vist...and maybe we will go to Ottawa next year.

Again, I hope your 1st birthday is a good one.

Love,

Great Grandpa Allie, Great Aunt Michele and Cousin Courtney

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BUDDY!

Don't worry about the cake, Uncle Will gets cake in his eye on every birthday that he has. I usually end up with it on the back of my neck and everything, lol.

Hope it was a good one, I'm sure it was.

Love,

Uncle Will

P.S. I really like your train set

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home